Success- how I see it!

A journey of thousand miles begin with a single step! This I am talking about my journey towards success.  It all began when I realised there is only one way to success.  It doesn't come to you,  you have to go get it.  It took many years for me to understand what success means to me.

Your concept of success may differ to mine. Some equate success to having own house,  luxury car,  own business.  Nothing wrong with that,  infact it is true blessing if you are able to see clearly what success means to you.

 For years I struggled comparing my life with others,    trying to live others lives,  the way others wanted me to live and define success.  When I was a child,  I used to dream to become a fashion dress maker. People who know me well now would be surprised! Did I ever talk about it to anyone? I don't think so.  I always believed there is something in me, a creative spark. Infact everyone is born with a talent.  Its just very few of us are able to see through and discover within.  I often wondered how blessed are those who are talented musicians, actors, writers, visual artists! What would have been their first reaction when they realised that they are so talented.  It would have been an amazing experience.  A sense of satisfaction,  excitement,  I do not know.

I have seen various phases of life, been through good and bad times. I have seen how my family got through difficult painful times, I have witnessed my close friend come out of a very tragic experience, I have read and heard life stories of people who have got through their difficult times. But one thing I never realised all these times until now, I have had a past that wasn't full of roses. When this thought struck me, I took a moment and tried to dig up files in my mind, some of them I deliberately have hidden or tried to erase. I felt a sense of accommplishment, a strange feeling, I was so proud that all this time  I somehow had that strength to get through all my difficult times. When things went against in my life, didn't workout as planned, I always remembered an airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. I have never prayed for all my problems to disappear, in fact I have prayed, meditated, trained and programed myself to be stronger to face these challenges life threw at me, prayers to me is meditation. Yes, I feel successful that way. I have earned a lot of experience. I may not know what life has in store for me going forward  but I am indeed prepared for the challenges ahead, so bring it on! Been through a lot, I cannot sketch or put in words, but I have learnt to earn self respect. I realized failure is simply  the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently! And success means self accomplishment to me.  Although it can be achieved, it does not come that easy.

Sri

Comments

  1. Sri, you are an inspiration... a truly wonderful, strong, successful and beautiful woman xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear Janeee . You are an amazing person and a very true friend, my power ..thank you so much xx

      Delete

Post a Comment